Welcome! Introductions...

Wed, Jul 1 2015 09:57am EDT 1
Misty
Misty
430 Posts
Welcome to our new SPWF Brides group! My hope is that this will be a place to share ideas, pictures, and stories about weddings in and out of prison, and most importantly to share in each other's excitement about our special days.

Please introduce yourself, tell us about your engagement, or your upcoming wedding plans...
Wed, Jul 1 2015 10:01am EDT 2
Misty
Misty
430 Posts
Hey everyone, my name is Misty (aka Squeek). Me and Stevie Ray have been together since December, we fell in love very quickly and he proposed to me at our third visit on January 29th of this year. It surprised me, not only that he asked, but how easy and right it felt to say yes. I'm still going through a divorce, so we have to wait till that's done to get married. We're hoping for a fall wedding.
Wed, Jul 1 2015 04:51pm EDT 3
Jo_Reed
Jo_Reed
437 Posts
Hi, y'all. I'm Journey (Jo on here) and I'm about to be engaged to Ben. We're planning on getting married April 25, 2016 at the prison in Oregon and then once he's home, having a "proper" wedding (vow renewal) ceremony so we can celebrate with friends and family. We've been talking since January 2014, been a couple since November 2014 and I know he's officially proposing sometime between July 5-10th, 2015 because he's told me he's going to ask during this visit! LOL Once he comes home (currently scheduled for January 2020), I figure we'll be having our vow renewal ceremony on April 25, 2021 (to give us a little over a year to get things situated and NOT give us a different anniversary to remember! :) I'm liable to be posting lots of "beach wedding" ideas, because we both LOVE it there!
Wed, Jul 1 2015 07:03pm EDT 4
AmyJo
AmyJo
21 Posts
Hi! I'm Amy, I'm in NY state and my baby is in Michigan. We started as penpals at the beginning of the year and very unexpectedly fell pretty hard for each other. We have been engaged since March and are aiming for an October wedding. I have to track down our birth certificates, apply for the marriage license, write the chaplain, all that fun stuff. We are allowed to have 5 guests so he is inviting his Grandma and cousin, who both live in Michigan. He has a pretty messed up relationship with his mom and the rest of his family. My parents and younger sister want to come, they are actually willing to drive accross 3 states for a 10 minute ceremony! He is doing 40 to 60 years so this is the only wedding we will get to have. I'm not fancy shmancy, and I hate being around a lot of people, so I'm completely fine with a small, simple ceremony. He wants to wear one of those t-shirts that is designed to look like a tuxedo and I have some long, colorful patchwork skirts that are really nice. We don't want anything religious involved in the ceremony so the chaplain said to just take up most of the time with our vows. I think the most intimidating part of this whole thing is figuring out what I'm going to say!
Fri, Feb 10 2017 12:05am EST 5
Supawoman
Supawoman
5 Posts
Hello, I'm Marilyn and I plan on marrying the man of my dreams one day after his b-day, on April 18, 2017. It's only because the prison only does weddings on Tuesdays and his b-day falls on a Monday this year. My present to him for the rest of his life will be totally giving myself to him as a lifelong gift til death do us part.
Sat, Apr 15 2017 07:05pm EDT 6
MrsJM
MrsJM
2 Posts
Hey! My husband and I have been together since Jan 2016. I was finally able to bond him out in Nov but he has to turn himself in last week. We eloped the weekend before he turned himself in. It was just the two of us and the preacher at a local botanical garden. We plan to renew our vows and have a reception when he comes home. His family was ok with it when he told them but my family (actually my mother) is giving me hell about it. She has thrown all kinds of guilt trips and mean things at me. I may sound like a horrible daughter but I really don't care. I wish she wasn't upset but I did what was right for my family. My wedding day was pure and simple, just like I wanted it!
Mon, Sep 18 2017 10:26am EDT 7
Kienast Girl
Kienast Girl
8 Posts

Hey y'all

My name is Maddie (21) my Finaces name is Neil (22) we have been together a total of almost 3 ( February 8 will be 3 years ) We have been engaged for a total of 4 months. I visited him yesterday and we are now considering just signing the paperwork and having a whole "proper" ceremony when he comes home. So far only his family and 4 of my friends know about the engagement. If my Mothers side of the family knew it would be WW3 seriously. I would think about having the wedding at the prison but his sentence is 5 years and he has 8 months done already, plus he doesnt want to have it at a prison. I know I have been almost over stressing about planning the whole wedding myself and knowing I will be paying 90% of the bill. Ugh a little part of me wishes I could ask my Mom for help but she is extremely materlistic and I am far from it. I want to keep the peace as much as possible I already know I can't invite a good 99% of my family because of how much they hate him and his family. Neils Dad has agreed to marry us if we pay for him to get certified. I know his Dad will do the ceremony how we want it (short sweet and to the point) especially since our date is May 8th not sure of the year yet. Anywho thats a little bit of who I am.

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.