Welcome Connecticut!

Thu, Jul 2 2015 11:11am EDT 1
Misty
Misty
430 Posts
Welcome to SPWF Connecticut chapter forum! Hopefully we can use this forum to get to know each other, plan meetups, arrange car pools, or discuss local issues.

Please intruduce yourself!
Sat, Oct 3 2015 04:11pm EDT 2
kmholmes
kmholmes
2 Posts
Hi, my name is Kisha. My husband is currently incarcerated 1000 miles away in Macdougall... I'm located in NC
Sat, Oct 3 2015 11:00pm EDT 3
tommie
tommie
27 Posts
Welcome Kisha,
Wow!!!!! Okay so you're in NC, that's funny bc I'm not far from you, in fact my family and I live in VA (Roanoke) and I have a new friend from this site, who lives in High Point, and two more other friends that lives in Charlotte, we really want to relocate there even though we're not from VA or NC. I'm originally from Detroit, MI and my fiance was born in Trinidad Tobago and Spain and grew up in Flatbush E Brooklyn, NYC.. and now almost 4 yrs ago this coming January it'll be our 4 yr anniversary.. We only did 6 mos from Jan- July 2012 when he voluntarily turned himself in, and taking care of our kids (mine biologically from previous relationships) and going off to school and yes he has two grown kids one of each a son and a daughter, he's older than me, lol.. And we've been together.. A newbie who's new to this, this has really been tough, you know and going off to school, god this hasn't been easy for me, so anyways, sorry for rambling on so, so why they sent your husband so far away from you?? He couldn't be local or in the same state as you are in or what?? Just asking, and remember we're all here for you okay, thanks again..
Sun, Oct 4 2015 01:31am EDT 4
kmholmes
kmholmes
2 Posts
Thank you, the incident took place in ct before we had moved to NC, I'm originally from Massachusetts. So now I'm in a new place with me and the kids and waiting for him to get sentenced which could take years and he just recently got arrested. Once sentenced he can file for an intrastate transfer. I'm nervous being down here by myself I know no one. So I may just run back up North at the end of the school year.
Tue, Nov 24 2015 08:04am EST 5
crystal
crystal
1 Posts
I'm crystal my bf is in willard I'm enfield I live in norwich
Sat, Dec 5 2015 11:04am EST 6
Faithful Servant
Faithful Servant
8 Posts
Hello, my name is Sammie. My fiancee is at Cheshire Correctional.

I am the founder of Writers In The Dark. What is this, you ask? It's an online blog for our loved ones in prison, to express themselves through poems, short stories, testimonies, illustrations and so much more.

Check it out for yourself, here: jrtygart.wix.com/writersinthedark

You can be involved, too. It's free! Contact me: writersinthedark@gmail.com

I'm sure your husband, brother, fiancee, sister, mother, friend - whoever it is that you love who is serving - has something creative they want to share with the world.

Once again, Mmy fiancee is in prison for his part in an armed robbery. His sentence is 15 years, and he has served 6. He's doing time at Cheshire Correctional.

Let's talk; I'm sure we have something in common.

Thanks,
Sammie
Wed, Feb 10 2016 09:16pm EST 7
Alli
Alli
1 Posts
Hi Kisha,
While I cannot imagine what it must be like to live so far away from your husband...especially with children, I hope I can shed light on a little bit about what MacDougall is like.
I admit that MacDougall was the first "long-ish term" facility my husband was at, I have to say that compared to Osborn, CT, where he is now, MacDougall is the better of the 2. Don't get me wrong, MacDougall staff dont feel like they owe inmates anything, but again, campared to Osborn, it's actually ok. MacDougall gives 2 rec times during the day and my husband was sometimes able to call 2x a day, and on the rare occasion, there wasnt a line for the phones so he would call me back after our first 15 minute conversation.
I know that while nothing really gives you hope these days (except of course your children), I hope that you know you arent alone. Thanks for posting.
Tue, May 17 2016 08:10am EDT 8
PrincessBabycakes
PrincessBabycakes
1 Posts
Hello ladies. My name is Stephanie. My fiancé is at MacDougall-Walker... well actually in the Walker building because he has a high bond. He's been there for about 7 weeks. I live in CT so I'm able to make the 1.5 hour drive to see him twice a week. He's also able to call me twice a day and sometimes we can do several 15min calls in a row. I'm kinda bummed bc I hear at the MacDougall building they have contact visits. Anyone familiar with Walker? Are contact visits ever allowed there? Thanks and have a great day!
Sun, Jul 17 2016 04:48am EDT 9
Christina
Christina
2 Posts
Hi everyone. My fiance has been incarcerated since January of 2016. He was at Corrigan Correctional Center until recently sentenced for 30 months. He is now at assessment inl MacDougall-Walker Correctional Institution. I miss him extremely so much. I do not have approval for visitation. Hopefully upon the end of the month with proper AR program paperwork that will change. We speak 5-6 times a day for a duration of 15 minutes. Phone calls are costly but that's all I have from him. We live in New York. He caught the charge out in Connecticut. I am familiar with New York laws and jails but Connecticut is definitely different. Just wish this was all a dream, definitely has made our relationship stronger as we continue with this obstacle.
Tue, Oct 25 2016 12:09am EDT 10
CloveR
CloveR
1 Posts
Hi Everyone
I'm knew to all this....never had to deal with anything like this before. I'm a divorced mom who fell in love with a younger guy. My bf relocated to be with me and rebuild his life while we built our future. He has been incarcerated for awhile and just when we thought things were calling into place and we knew what we were dealing with he was hit with another charge and it looks a whole lot darker now. Not sure what will end up happening- it went from months to possible years. 1 thing I know for sure is because we don't have a piece of paper declaring us husband and wife or I'm not officially his fiance yet I really don't matter. Trying to get visitation approved is taking forever. We talk everyday and I write every night but I know he is getting depressed and really would benefit from a visit. Any idea how long it typically takes. I wasn't able to bond him out because they set it so high. I believe they did that partially because his family and his daughter live in MA and he has a record from back home. CT was supposed to be his new beginning but it seems trouble follows him. CT is no joke and his family can't believe what's happening. I'm trying to be as strong as I can for both of us but some days im so lost. I'm so glad I found this group can use all the support and guidance i can get. We can't help who we love and I'm sticking by him no matter what....,we were planning our future.
Tue, Oct 25 2016 06:08am EDT 11
Admin Lisa
Admin Lisa
9 Posts
I'm also from Connecticut. The visitation approval does take awhile can't say really how long because as I was waiting to get approved he was moved and I had to start the process all over again.

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.