Im a utah wife..

Sun, Oct 4 2015 10:56am EDT 1
kc
kc
9 Posts
I'm a prison wife in the state of Utah..my husband is incarcerated in a federal prison . There are no federal prisons in Utah.. so I am here with my three kids waiting for him to come home. We have a year left and the kids and I stay very busy, yet it doesn't stop the pain you feel dealing with incarceration. All you can do is stand up.. get to work, be positive as much as possible and be grateful for being in love with your best friend. Marriage is work , we are going on 10 years and it takes communication and effort. It also takes being there through the good and the bad. Especially when one is sorrowful for crimes committed. I hope I'm not the only Utah wife out there . So with that being said make a comment, let's support each other.

Thu, Oct 8 2015 11:48am EDT 2
Souljaswife
Souljaswife
1 Posts
I am also a Utah wife but my husband is here in state. Hello!!

Fri, Oct 16 2015 10:58pm EDT 3
kc
kc
9 Posts
Hi....I think it's great to know someone else is out there with the same struggle...and in the same state
Tue, Nov 3 2015 11:56am EST 4
Mrs. Martinez
Mrs. Martinez
2 Posts
Im a prison wife in utah and my man is here as well. Nice to meet you ladies and to have some support from the same area :)
Fri, Nov 20 2015 05:23pm EST 5
IHoldHisHeart381
IHoldHisHeart381
8 Posts
I'm a prison wife in UT as well, but my husband is out in TN...
Fri, Nov 27 2015 10:03pm EST 6
kosand
kosand
2 Posts
Im in Utah also. My husband is in AZ.
Sun, Jan 3 2016 10:42pm EST 7
Injtkj801
Injtkj801
4 Posts
I am also in Utah. My husband is serving a Federal sentence in CO.
Mon, Jan 4 2016 12:01am EST 8
kc
kc
9 Posts
Welcome ladies to the UT forum. It seems difficult at times.
How much time does your significant other have left...?
We have eleven more months until he gets into a Halfway house here
Mon, Jan 4 2016 12:32am EST 9
Injtkj801
Injtkj801
4 Posts
My husband has about 8 months till he goes to the halfway house
Fri, Jan 15 2016 01:10am EST 10
kosand
kosand
2 Posts
we just started. hes been out 6 weeks. with 5 years tul half way house Cry
Fri, Jan 15 2016 07:37am EST 11
kc
kc
9 Posts
I know it's tough. Hang in there, I have to remind myself that it's a state of mind...state of mind and that we got this. Especially when the time just started.
Sun, Feb 7 2016 04:02pm EST 12
Dusty's Wife
Dusty's Wife
2 Posts
I am also a Utah Wife! My Hubby is in a county jail in southern utah. I hate that he is so very far away right now because if he was closer i could visit him every week and it wont be so bad but he has been locked up since i was 5 1/2 months pregnant with our daughter saryah and she is now 2 years and 4 1/2 months old so has been a really long time. It will be 3 years on May 17th. He is currently in the process of finishing a program that he is required to finish before they will let him out. I hope they let him come home when they do let him out. I miss him and my 2 kids need their father. My daughter has no idea what it is like to have her father in her life, to her he is a man she talks to on the phone or video chat with or looks at pictures of. I want her to know what it's like to have her father in her life that takes care of her and loves her as much as I do. every time my son talks to his father he asks if he is still far away and I hate that he has to ask his father that question all the time.
Tue, Feb 23 2016 02:35am EST 13
Maria27
Maria27
1 Posts
New here! Utah wife, hubby is in County Jail, its only been 5 days... :(
Tue, Mar 15 2016 07:04pm EDT 14
Smore411
Smore411
3 Posts
In Utah and new... not a wife but bestfriend since before he was incarcerated.

He admitted to me the other day that he has had feelings for me since we first met and was going to break it off with his GF. But then he went to prison. I have been in love with him since the day we first met but never thought he had feelings for me so I was just his friend.... and yeah probably secretly hoping that he would fall for me.

Sigh... I'm so confused and torn and scared. It's like I'm grieving all over again.

Fri, Mar 18 2016 05:09pm EDT 15
stacey
stacey
1 Posts
I'm new ...SPW since October 2015...in need of support and am happy to Find others in Utah who understand my situation. Hubby is in county right now...but wondering if there are conjugal visits in Utah prisons?
Wed, Oct 5 2016 10:12pm EDT 16
Smore411
Smore411
3 Posts
Sadly there are no conjugal visits in Utah.
Sun, Dec 18 2016 10:32pm EST 17
Julie
Julie
1 Posts
I am a Utah Prison wife too! We grew up here and then moved to California before he was sentenced. He served 16 months in Federal Prison in Taft. His Fed time was suposed to count for his state time too. But the Board of Pardons had a different idea. They don't have to follow plea agreements. They gave him the max time with a release date in 2029. We have filed a Petition for Relief and are praying that it goes through. Mean while I am hanging in there trying to raise my family. He is serving in Gunnison.
Sun, Dec 18 2016 11:06pm EST 18
kc
kc
9 Posts
Julie,

I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this. If you need anything we are here for you....please keep posting if I can help in any way I will.

Mon, Dec 19 2016 01:24am EST 19
Dusty's Wife
Dusty's Wife
2 Posts
My hubby just got out recently but he has to live separate from the kids and I until his therapist signs off on him living with us. It sucks but at least we get to see each other when I get a babysitter for my kids. I can't wait until he is back home with us. He was locked up in San Juan for a bit, Kane County for a bit, Duchesne County for a bit, and when he had hearings he did spend some time in Draper Prison and Gunnison. It's definitely not easy to deal with your hubby bring in jail. I hope you get something good out of your petition for relief. I am here if you want someone to talk to
Tue, Jul 11 2017 12:37pm EDT 20
Lori
Lori
1 Posts
Hello everyone in Utah, I am just here looking for some help. I met my husband after he got out of prison. He was there for 9 years. We have now been married for 1 year but sometimes it is a struggle. I am looking for someone I can go to for counseling who can maybe understand about the things that my husband goes through so that I can help him and understand him more. I am not sure if that makes any sense but I feel like this is my best avenue so far for help. I don't know anyone else who can help me whenI have questions or need that kind of moral support.
Fri, Sep 8 2017 03:58am EDT 21
Ellie
Ellie
1 Posts
I'm in Utah as well! Mine is CA
Tue, Oct 24 2017 12:20pm EDT 22
Alyssabaymax
Alyssabaymax
1 Posts
I’m not sure if anyone still comes on here. But I’m new. My boyfriend has been in SL county jail for a week. Awaiting a court date. Hoping sooner rather than later. I can’t stop crying everywhere I go. I have his pillow with me because it smells just like him. He is my world and I have already been faced with judgement from others and it’s heart wrenching. I just want the support. I love him and I signed up for this when we made a commitment to be together through thick and thin. I am so sad guys. I’ve lost friends, family and a job because of the judgement and shame. I’m so glad this group exists.
Tue, Oct 24 2017 07:03pm EDT 23
kc
kc
9 Posts

Hi Alyssabaymax

I am so sorry that you are going through this, people are quck to judge, but that's not what we are here for. Please know that you are not alone and although it's a process you can do this!

My husband is home now and it hasn't been easy but through the Grace of God we made it.

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.