Let's Talk about LOVE.

Mon, Feb 29 2016 01:33pm EST 1
Jo_Reed
Jo_Reed
437 Posts
Morning, ladies!
Let's talk for a minute today about LOVE. I'm gonna pull this "checklist" from a very OLD resource today and I want you to do something special with it. I Corinthians 13 discusses the ATTRIBUTES that we should find in someone who tells us that they "love" us. It lists the following characteristics:

Love is patient and kind; it is not jealous or conceited or proud; 5 love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable; love does not keep a record of wrongs; 6 love is not happy with evil, but is happy with the truth. 7 Love never gives up; and its faith, hope, and patience never fail.
(I Corinthians 13:4-7, "Good News Translation")

Now here's what I want you to do. Take out "love" at the beginning of each sentence and replace it with your partner's name. For example:
BEN is patient and kind.
BEN is not jealous, conceited or proud.
BEN is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable.
BEN does not keep a "record of wrongs".
BEN is not happy with evil but is happy with the truth.
BEN does not ever give up and never "fails" [me].

If you look at this list and find that it doesn't "fit" your partner? It may be time to seriously examine what they ARE doing for you that is making you feel loved and whether you KNOW YOU ARE. And if not, it may be time to re-examine the relationship.
I know a LOT of things about this life but the one I know above all else is that without LOVE, there's no point to it at all.

Mahalo,
Jo

Sat, Jan 21 2017 06:11pm EST 2
Kelly
Kelly
14 Posts
This is profound. Thank you for sharing.

Mon, Mar 20 2017 04:03am EDT 3
Nancie
Nancie
15 Posts
Wow, thank u so much! I totally love they way u put this! Thank u!

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.