Lets get something going

Wed, Aug 31 2016 09:05pm EDT 1
Jan2019
Jan2019
9 Posts
I know that there are others from WV here. We need to get this group going. I am sure that some have questions and that others have answers. Some need to cry and others have shoulders to lend. We all have good days and bad days. Maybe you missed his/her phone call. Maybe they are on lock down and you are worried, maybe the kid has a tummy ache, maybe you are stressed from work. Then on the positive side maybe something good happened and you want to share. I hope to hear from others from WV.
Sun, Sep 4 2016 10:41am EDT 2
Jan2019
Jan2019
9 Posts
Are there any other West Virginians on this site? If so grab a cup of coffee, tea, soda, water or whatever and lets get to know one another. I have two and a half years left before my loved on gets released. Trying to figure out plumbing today. I am learning a lot on my own. Smile
Wed, Sep 14 2016 01:56pm EDT 3
April Battle-Haines
April Battle-Haines
6 Posts

I'm from West Virginia and it's great to connect with someone local. Hii!!!

Wed, Sep 14 2016 02:27pm EDT 4
April Battle-Haines
April Battle-Haines
6 Posts
My husband is elibible to go before the parole board February 2019, so likely it will be March 2019. He was my first love 30 years ago. I was 15 and he was 18. We went our separate ways but I loved him all these years and wondered where he was and what was going on with him, was he okay, all of that. We saw each other a couple times through the years before he got locked up as I was in the Army and living in other states. I moved back to WV July 2013 after losing my brother and my mom. He found out I was back and wrote me a letter. I never responded because I was still hurt from him leaving me years ago. It took me a year and a half to return to his letter (April 2015). We were married November 2015. It's rough.
Sun, Sep 18 2016 11:05pm EDT 5
Jan2019
Jan2019
9 Posts
Your story is kind of like mine. We were together 38 years ago. Lived in the same town for years but with different people. Then after a divorce from a 27 year marriage I was with his brother for 7 wonderful years. He died from injuries from a fall January 2015. So I wrote to Robert a year later telling him things that his brother wanted him to know and we started talking on the phone and then I started visiting him. He really hurt me several times in the past as he was my first love. He was the only one I ever wanted to be with until his brother and I fell in love. I had a lot of hard feelings towards him. He is the father of my oldest child and he left us. His max discharge date is January 2019. He was denied parole this past July and says he is not even going for it next July. They wanted him to admit to what he was charged with and he wont. He said he hasn't in 15 years why would he do it now when he is innocent. Yes it is rough. I think yours and mine may be at the same place.
Mon, Sep 19 2016 07:12pm EDT 6
Jan2019
Jan2019
9 Posts
So got the oil changed, tires rotated, new sticker and have license to put on the car. Darn I hate paying for an oil change and tire rotation. I have learned so many things since I have been on my own but those are not two of them.
Thu, Sep 22 2016 02:52pm EDT 7
April Battle-Haines
April Battle-Haines
6 Posts
Yes our stories are similar. What part of West Virginia are you in? I'm in Charleston.
Fri, Sep 23 2016 09:58pm EDT 8
Jan2019
Jan2019
9 Posts
I live in Gilmer County (glenville).
Sat, Sep 24 2016 08:27am EDT 9
April Battle-Haines
April Battle-Haines
6 Posts
Cool. Time is going by pretty quick so January 2019 will be here before you know it. February2019 will be the first time my husband sees the parole board. I'm not sure what to think about it because this is my first experience with all of this.

So what are you doing to prepare for him to come home?
Sat, Sep 24 2016 11:18pm EDT 10
Jan2019
Jan2019
9 Posts
The months are going by fast but two years seems like a long time even though I have wanted to be with him for 37 years. I am just waiting for now. Guess I will have a cleaning frenzy the fall of 2018 LOL. When we thought he was coming home in July I cleaned like mad. Bought new sheets and pillows. Funny thing he has seen the house on the outside but not the inside. I plan to take two weeks vacation when he gets out. Gonna hate sharing his time with all his family. They havent been there for him through this but when they thought he was getting out on parole they started coming out of the wood work. Now they have disappeared again.
I know it will be here before I know it. I am just a tad bit nervous. I have wanted this for so long.
What are you doing?
Mon, Sep 26 2016 10:28am EDT 11
April Battle-Haines
April Battle-Haines
6 Posts
I'm planning on moving to North Carolina in 2018. Just better opportunities for myself and my daughter. Not quite sure how to plan for him coming home. We weren't together before he got locked up. It's actually kinda scary for me because I haven't lived with another adult since 1998 and in this case this adult won't be leaving.
Sun, Oct 9 2016 09:49pm EDT 12
Jan2019
Jan2019
9 Posts
I can imagine it being scary. I know it is for me because we were not together before he got locked up either. I will have lived totally alone for 4 years when he comes home. You will get through it though as we will. We and they are just going to have to be patient. Do a lot of talking about what each of you expect from the other. That is what we are doing. Learning likes, dislikes, hopes and dreams.
Mon, Nov 7 2016 02:41pm EST 13
Betty
Betty
5 Posts
Any one here have a loved one in USP Hazelton? My babes should be moved there within the next 30 days. I just want to see if I can get any insight into the facility. Thanks ahead of time ladies! xoxo
Thu, Nov 10 2016 01:57pm EST 14
Rider
Rider
1 Posts
Hello ladies my husband is in FCI GILMER, I am from Pound, VA. Was wondering if anyone around me maybe we could travel together and share cost. Nice to meet all y'all.
Sat, Nov 26 2016 09:43pm EST 15
Jan2019
Jan2019
9 Posts
Looks like a lot of people are viewing but not many posting. I wish I could help you Kris 724 but mine in in Huttonsville. Same with Rider. I would like to get this site going so people could help others but there does not seem to be much interest.
Sat, Dec 3 2016 08:33pm EST 16
Sharron
Sharron
1 Posts
Hey ladies
Sun, Dec 4 2016 12:46am EST 17
Jan2019
Jan2019
9 Posts
Hey Sharron, welcome
Sun, Dec 4 2016 01:31am EST 18
Chica munoz
Chica munoz
3 Posts
Hello ladies how are you all doing well Im from Cali and most I see are from NY , Virginia ect. So what is new?
Fri, Dec 16 2016 11:40am EST 19
rdagva
rdagva
3 Posts
Any one here have a loved one in USP Hazelton? My babes should be moved there within the next 30 days. I just want to see if I can get any insight into the facility. Thanks ahead of time ladies! xoxo

My husband has been at USP Hazelton Camp since the end of October. Can't say I know enough to give insight yet.

Wed, Dec 21 2016 04:02pm EST 20
Stefani
Stefani
2 Posts
Hi anyone on here have a loved one in Mount Olive Corr Complex?
Mon, Jun 5 2017 04:29pm EDT 21
Sarah
Sarah
5 Posts
Hey! I live in NC yet my guy is in WV. Nice to meet you all!
Mon, Jun 5 2017 07:18pm EDT 22
MrDentwife
MrDentwife
8 Posts
Hey am from NYC n my husband is an WV he an state anybody have a LO n state n WV.
Mon, Jun 5 2017 07:26pm EDT 23
Sarah
Sarah
5 Posts
My guy is in Federal in WV. What state prison is he in?
Mon, Jun 5 2017 07:38pm EDT 24
MrDentwife
MrDentwife
8 Posts
Augusta n craigville Va

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.