How long does sentencing take? For a plea offer?

Wed, Feb 1 2017 07:28pm EST 1
Rachel
Rachel
6 Posts
Hi everyone. .my husband was arrested Sept 30. It is now Feb 1. How long did it take for your husband to be sentenced? What are the dependent factors? How long did it take before he was offered a plea? Sitting in limbo is driving me crazy...thanks!!
Mon, Feb 6 2017 05:58am EST 2
Admin LaSann
Admin LaSann
39 Posts
My husband took 16 months to be sentenced. The plea was offered about 14 months in and we went back and forth for about 4-6 weeks. Different areas are farther behind than others. Hopefully your lawyer will be able to help.
Sun, Feb 12 2017 05:07pm EST 3
Rachel
Rachel
6 Posts
Thank you so much for replying! His lawyer is pro bono and very little help...he is thinking of changing lawyers...so it really is just a long waiting period to even know what's going on...wow,.thanks again :)
Tue, Feb 14 2017 10:14am EST 4
Island Girl
Island Girl
14 Posts
Some many factors that determine time frame. There is no cookie cutter template to it. My husband is in federal from the date of his arrest to sentencing it took 7 months. He entered a plea 4 months after his arrest. The "limbo" part I feel is the hardest! Once the sentencing was done & over with, I felt such a huge sense of relief. These things take time. Stay strong, keep the faith & stay busy! Prayers for you XOXO
Tue, Feb 14 2017 02:40pm EST 5
Rachel
Rachel
6 Posts
Thank you! Much love..going over to my message now :)
Fri, Feb 24 2017 07:58am EST 6
Subdreamer
Subdreamer
4 Posts
My husband was arrested October 2015 and we are doing a plea today. Sentencing according to his lawyere will be in about 60 days.

Even though I am not looking forward to the next 5 years I do look forward to the end of this ordeal. The last 16 months have been so very stressful emotionally.

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.