Admin Gigi
Admin Gigi
7 Posts
Anyone have a LO/SO at Angola?
Wed, Sep 27 2017 10:12pm EDT 2
pookie
pookie
1 Posts
Hey how are u. I'm Olivia. My fiance is in Angola. He proposed tonight. It's been a long road. Very emotional and hurtful but each day we remain positive and pray for a change in sentence. With hard work we will get there. I do know one thing. It brings u closer. When all u have is each other.
Thu, Nov 9 2017 04:36pm EST 3
Admin Gigi
Admin Gigi
7 Posts
Hey how are u. I'm Olivia. My fiance is in Angola. He proposed tonight. It's been a long road. Very emotional and hurtful but each day we remain positive and pray for a change in sentence. With hard work we will get there. I do know one thing. It brings u closer. When all u have is each other.

Yay!! Congrats Olivia!! I'm sorry I am late to seeing this but I am so happy for yall! What camp is your man in? I know exactly what you mean love! I pray for a change in yalls sentence as I pray everyday for a change in my fiance's as well. Do you live in state? Do you get to visit twice a month? Have you thought about getting married in Angola?

Sorry,where are my manners... I'm asking all these questions without introducing myself. My name is Gigi and my fiance, M, is on Death Row at Angola. We are MWI (Met while incarcerated) and he's been down for the past 19 years. We met last August and became friends, best friends, and eventually, moved our relationship to the next level. He's my person, soulmate and my best friend. I know everyday is a struggle in this life, but we got our amazing men and we got each other!! So glad to meet you!

Mon, Dec 18 2017 12:49pm EST 4
Dove
Dove
1 Posts
Hey Gigi, I am an Angola sister too;)
I know my man for 1,5 years and we are a couple for 1 year now. So we are MWI too.
Do you get to visit twice a month? This isn't much but it is a lot compared to my visits. I can see him only once a year because I don't living in state.
Do you think about to get married? Do you have any information how it works?
A lot of SPW looking forward to the day when he comes out. But we have no future with him in the way to live together outside. We will always loving men which are in prison until they die. How are you dealing with that?
I am glad not to be alone with that.
Dove
Mon, Dec 18 2017 06:09pm EST 5
Admin Gigi
Admin Gigi
7 Posts
Hey Dove,

It's so nice to meet you! Love finding Angola sisters! I live in state and get to visit twice a month. You know if you live out of state, he can file for special visits with the warden at his camp so you can get extra days. I have thought about getting married, my fiance and I consider ourselves 'married in our hearts.' I am not sure of the whole process but I know it takes a while and there are alot of meeting you must attend. Your man will have to file or meet with someone at his camp to begin the process.

You're absolutely right about being with men who have lengthy sentences or life at Angola. I have a really hard time with that. I'll be honest, my man is on Death Row there, so life would be wonderful compared to where he is now. But then, life is also a very long time. It gives me a lot of anxiety because I don't want to spend the rest of my life alone. And I really don't want to die alone. I want to be with him, but I just take it day by day. Some days are better than others and I just have to find a way to get myself thru the tough times. I will say that it's nice to have a community here where others are going thru the same things because it really helps to know you aren't the only one going thru these rough patches. I get so jealous sometimes of others with outdates...it's frustrating. I'm here if you ever need anything. When do you get to visit next?
Gigi

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.