Im Pregnant & My Husband Has A 20 Year Sentence

Mon, Nov 20 2017 02:09am EST 1
B D
B D
2 Posts
Hi. I am new to this site, after several mental breakdowns (and they are not stopping anytime soon) I did some research and found Strong Prison Wives. I thought that grasping the fact that my husband will be gone for a 20 year sentence would be enough heart ache to deal with for a lifetime. I compare the feeling (personally) to someone I love dying, I AM losing someone I love- just to the system. My husband and I got married August 12th, 2017. He was arrested on the 29th of August. We were barley married when he got arrested and I was 4 weeks pregnant when he went in. Unfortantley due to the abnormal ammount of stress, I had a miscarriage. I had him bailed out of jail until his court date in November would come up. He was sentenced to 20 years. I just found out last night that I am pregnant. I am very early. I cannot believe that I will be alone with his child while he is away, I dont know how to balance being a prison wife yet, let alone figure out how to be pregnant and without my husband. I am highly considering adoption, I am so scared to be a single mom. I dont think I could do it at all. This is by far the worst timing for this pregnancy, but it feels good to type all of these fears and thoughts out and just share my situation.
Tue, Nov 28 2017 11:45am EST 2
Admin Megan
Admin Megan
12 Posts
Oh, sweetheart. I am so sorry. My husband is down for thirty right now before parole, so I will be here. I had a false pregnancy when he went in, and was told I was pregnant for two months. This group is great for support and help. We are starting a Texas chapter where we can actually meet and get to know each other. The group is
https://www.facebook.com/groups/133307757368565/ . I would love for you to join us.
Wed, Nov 29 2017 10:58am EST 3
Admin JoJo Matthews
Admin JoJo Matthews
159 Posts
Sorry to hear this. I don’t know what it’s like to be pregnant with my loved one away but I can say this.
My love has life without parole and will never come home except by the grace of God if it’s in his plans it shall be. I’ve been doing this 5 1/2 years and going strong, you figure things out and I promise you will be ok.
I am a single parent have been all of my daughters life. I never wanted to be a single parent yet here I am. I can do it and so can you. (Not my love’s daughter she is from a previous marriage.)
I wish nothing more in the world than to have my love’s child but I cannot.
Do not make a decision about adoption quickly because you will regret it.
Lots of women have been pregnant alone and are single parents. You can do this. It’s scary but there are plenty of people to talk to here. If you are one of the lucky ones to live in Texas the state chapter is rolling out soon and you will get to meet others in the same situation as you. Hang in there you got this!!
Thu, Nov 30 2017 03:18pm EST 4
Admin Megan
Admin Megan
12 Posts
I will not be able to have a baby if he serves his full time. I might be looking into adoption or fostering or something. As I said, join the facebook group. We are here for you.

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.